Do you feel pain whenever you pass out stools? It is possible that you have hemorrhoids. Hemorrhoids symptoms can be very disturbing. If you are not one hundred percent sure that you have it, listed below are some of the most common symptoms of hemorrhoids:
· Itchiness and burning sensation around the anus
· Unrelieved feeling after bowels movements
· Blood in the stools
· Lump at the opening of the anus
Do not fret. Hemorrhoids are manageable. Hemorrhoids are not communicable but rather, a medical condition wherein the veins around the muscular wall inside the anus are damaged. Possibly because of frequent training and coercing out stools. The veins are unable to take the tremendous pressure that's why they collapsed. Remember that the veins inside the anus are the strongest of all veins in the entire body, they can withhold tremendous pressure. However, because of frequent contracting, the veins can dilate.
There are so many factors that can cause hemorrhoids. These are:
· Straining during bowel movement
· Sitting or standing for long periods of time
· Constipation due to insufficient intake of fiber and water.
· Anal sex
· Weak blood veins due to old age
Medical research shows that there are a number of cases of hemorrhoids that areoted from genetics. There are people who are born with weak muscle walls that surround the inside of the anus. As mentioned constant training can cause the veins to dilate and collapse.
Hemorrhoids are not life threatening and for some cases may not need medical interventions. There are even reported incidence of hemorrhoids where the symptoms would heal on their own after a few weeks time. Just as long as necessary precautions are taken in order to prevent the condition from worsening.
Here are the necessary precautions hemorrhoids sufferers can do:
· Add fiber in your diet like fruits and vegetables.
· Exercise everyday to improve digestion.
· Whenever you feel the need to defecate, go for it. Because if the urge subsides there is a tendency that your stool will become dry and you will be having trouble to defecate.
· Avoid coffee and other caffeine drinks.
If the symptoms are getting painful and stressful to handle, you can try first some of these home remedies to alleviate the pain. These are:
· Sitz bath or hot bath
· Direct application of ice packs on the affected area to reduce swelling and pain
· Aloe Vera
· Butcher's broom
· Witch hazel
· Horse chestnut
Hemorrhoids are indeed common. However, the symptoms are very painful and distressful. If the hemorrhoids symptoms are not improving after lifestyle modification and diet changes, seek medical help right away.