A lot of people are searching for ways on how to treat hemorrhoids. Contrary to what others may think, this is not a problem that only a select few experience. It is believed that at least 45% of the world's population suffers from it before they even reach the age of 50 and they are all concerned about the treatment of hemorrhoids. In this article, let's learn more about this treatment and get relief.
Hemorrhoids or piles are inflamed veins in the anal or rectal area. The anus is the opening found at the end of the digestive tract while the rectum is the end part of the large intestine which leads to the anus.
Piles can either be internal (inside the anal cavity) or external (outside the anus). It's trickier to deal with hemorrhoids in the inside as they can not be seen or felt. More often, they only manifest when there's already bright red blood on the stool, the toilet paper, or in the toilet after excretion. This is also the time when they'd be hurrying to find ways on how to get hemorrhoid relief.
How to treat hemorrhoids may differ depending on their location as well as their severity, but luckily, there are many ways get hemorrhoid relief.
The following will discuss more of the treatments you can use for hemorrhoids.
· General Measures– There are natural ways on how to treat hemorrhoids and they are typically effective especially when the case is mild. Since constipation is the main trigger of piles, it's often recommended to soften the stools by increasing fiber intake. This is an important step in the treatment of hemorrhoids. However, when the stool is too soft, it would also promote training of the bowels and cause piles to appear. Here, in the case of diarrhea, the person is recommended to take anti-motility drugs as the first step the treatment.
· Over the counter products-OTC medicines on how to treat hemorrhoids can also be useful especially in easing the symptoms such as itching and anal discomfort. They come in the forms of gels, creams, suppositories, pads, and foams. Although they are not directly involved in the treatment of hemorrhoids, they can come in handy to feel some relief.
· Local anesthetics-These anesthetics can also be beneficial on how to treat hemorrhoids especially if the symptoms include burning pain and extreme itching. It works by making the nerve endings numb.
· Sclerotherapy-This is one of oldest ways on how to treat hemorrhoids. In this process of treatment, quinine urea or phenol is injected into the base of the pile so the infection would set in and scar the place.
· Heat coagulation – How to treat hemorrhoids through this uses using heat to destroy hemorrhoidal tissue.
· Rubber band ligation– This procedure on how to treat hemorrhoids involves the encircling of the base of the piles with a tight rubber band. The cut off tissue dies and is then replaced by an ulcer which historically scars.
· Surgery- Surgical procedures are sometimes used on how to treat hemorrhoids. An estimation of not more than 10% of people needs to go under the knife in any process including dilation, sphincterotomy, hemorrhoidectomy, doppler ligation, or stapled hemorrhoidectomy.